Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Remeber the Chair......





Well here it is!! The finished project. I've actually been done for about a month, but I've been a bit lazy when it comes to blogging. I wanted so badly to maintain the original look by staying with gold fabric, but there was none to be found, so I went with burgundy chenille. I think it turned out pretty well for my first and last upholstery job. It was fun, but a lot of work. I think all in all I spent about $50 dollars on the chair and about a week worth of work. Not bad for a free chair.

P.S. The reason why I haven't put any pictures from Dustin's trip up is because my camera didn't charge for some reason and he only got like 7 pictures. Thank goodness that Ian's camera worked, and we are just waiting to go visit this weekend and get a CD for all the pictures. So stay tuned for Argentina pictures, and some late Easter pictures.

5 comments:

Chanel said...

It turned out so good. I like the red- surprise!

Mimi said...

You are such a talented young woman! It looks great!

The Allred Family said...

I cannot believe you upholstered that. THAT is seriously impressive. I would never dare! WOW! It looks great. Can't wait to see dustin's pics from his trip. i gotta call you about boston. I went by Tufts!

The Allred Family said...

You've got to go on my sisters' blogs to see their pics and opinions from Boston. Emily's and Rachel's (the croft's). i am going to blog soon about it.

Amy said...

I had no idea you were so talented. What a good job!