Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sleeping Binky

Since Logan is getting bigger we are trying to retire the beloved binky. I know giving it up completely won't happen for awhile because he is so attached, but we are currently trying to only need it at naps and bedtime. We made up a little fable telling him that his binky is night night when he's awake. When he gets out of bed we cover them with a blanket so he can't reach in and grab them during the day, and we are very quiet not to wake them when we are in his room. So anyways to the point of this post, I have a cute story that happened today. We were getting ready to go outside so we had to go get his sandals and put them on. Logan was standing beside his crib holding on and lifting his foot for me to put his shoes on and he said so plainly as he put his finger up to his lips, "shuuu shuuu binky night night". My heart melted because we hadn't even talked about his binky being asleep today. Apparently I was just talking to loud and he wanted his binky to get sleep. It amazing what kids remember.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is hillarious!! How cute is he....good luck with the retirement...I've heard it can be quite challenging.

Julia said...

That is a great story! I love it..that is really cute. He is so cute.

I took Kate's binki away on Monday and we're doing really good. I didn't want to have to fight it when she was older!

The Allred Family said...

That's soooo cute. I love this stage. They do/say the cutest dang things.