

This year we planted a garden, and boy was it a ton of work! We enjoyed it though, and got buckets of good food. We planted sweet corn, watermelon, green beans, squash, zucchini, eggplant, banana peppers, bell peppers, radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, and butternut squash. We had a spot in our garden that nothing would grow, so unfortunately the cucumber, radishes, and a lot of the tomatoes didn't actually grow. It was awesome though cause the squash plants were nearly to my shoulders. Everything that did grow, grew well! We have a abundance to eat, and we've been just giving it away. It was a lot of fun, and I think in the fall we will be doing potatoes of various types, and whatever else grows! Here are some pictures so you can see a little of what we did. We weighed our watermelon before we cut it, and it was 34 pounds. That is the picture of the cut one, and the one that wasn't cut was a little smaller. There is a jar of baby food to compare the size to!
6 comments:
Oh you lucky people! I wanted a garden so bad this year, but we didn't get around to it. Hopefully next year. After reading about the GM foods, we all should only trust our own foods and nothing else!
My comment just got erased....how annoying. So i am totally impressed/envious that have a garden -good job! And I thought the jar of baby food was there b/c you made some baby food from your "harvest"! I am totally and utterly impressed....garden's are sooo much work!
I love that you guys have a graden. I told Jason when we moved into the new house - we can do whatever to the backyard - I just want a garden. It hasn't happened yet. One day - we'll get serious about doing it. Is it hard work? I can't believe how big Logan is getting. You guys look like you are having so much fun.
For as much as we have gotten from the garden, it wasn't that much work. The initial tilling, planting, and weeding takes time, but when it starts to go it's really not that big of a deal. My whole family helps though, so it's not to bad at all.
That is awsome. It all looks so delicious, I am craving watermelon now! I am so excited to do my own little garden someday when we have a house. Even Marc is excited about it! he he!
I love that you planted a garden! I can't wait to be in a house to do the same thing. Good work!!!
Post a Comment