Monday, August 4, 2008

Update....Beware it's long!!


I'd be lying if I said our lives were anything but uninteresting. We enjoy it though! I just thought I'd share a few things that have been happening.

We were excited this weekend to be visited by the Farmers (Ian, Julia, and Gracie) who came all the way from Houston. Although it was a short trip we crammed in a lot. The boys went fishing, golfing, and we all went swimming. When the kids were asleep we crammed in a few rounds of pool. We had a great weekend with them, so thanks guys for making the long trip.

Logan has been doing a lot of fun things lately. He loves to walk and hold on to your fingers, but it's more of a run than a walk! He is also doing the toddling thing where he follows everything and anything he can hold on to until he can't go anymore and finishes the rest of the journey crawling. His main mode of transportation is crawling, sometimes on all 4's and sometimes on his knees. He loves to be chased by or race with his cousins and is always wanting in on the action. Rebecca is great to tote him around like a little doll even though he's very heavy and it takes everything out of her. He weighs 23 pounds.
He has a little wagon with animals(that was mine when I was little)that he loves to push around and be pulled around in. Check out the picture below. He pretty much spends most of his play time pushing his wagon and cars or throwing balls. He does love reading stories with Mom too. He is a total boy though. It's crazy how he was born with boy instincts. We gave him a car for his 1st birthday and he took it to the living room (he crawls with 3 limbs and carries toys with the other one now) and made zoom zoom sounds as he pushed it around the room. He also takes his little bouncy balls to the hard floor and bounces them for 20-30 minutes at a time. He's great at independent play, but he always has been.
So to sum things up- Logan's great, life's great, so for that reason we are just a happy family!






5 comments:

Kim said...

I do think it is amazing that you can tell such "boy" "girl" things about kids at such a young age. I have enjoyed my little boy for the same reasons...very easy to entertain with cars, balls, etc. Yours is such a doll. Glad you got to see the Farmer's too! How fun to spend time with friends you used to always be around!

Mimi said...

I was just thinking the same as Kim about boy toys...funny, huh? Logan is such a cutie. I hope you'll come soon so we can visit and steal some of his sweet sugar!
I'm glad the Houston branch of Farmers were able to come visit and spend a little time with you. We're anxious to hear your news, so come when you can.

Teryn said...

Cute pictures! Logan is getting so big. I see a lot of you and Dustin in him.... awe... Glad you guys got to see Ian and Julia. Sounds like you had fun! Keep the updates coming!

The Allred Family said...

Love your update. I thought when you said the "farmer's vistited....I was thinking, "Ian's a farmer?"! I had no idea that was their last name. Anywho....glad you enjoyed having them. I want to see pics of the group. I love that toy that Logan is playing with. I can't beleive you had it when you were little. All the great toys wee made back in the day.

Westover Family said...

Oh my gosh he is getting so big! Look at all that hair!! I love it!
Spencer says he misses dustin a ton! We hope you guys are loving life in texas! We also hope you got bridgers announcement.
Your blog is so cute!