Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Present

Well since my last post the reindeer have deflated and one even popped, the angel is missing from the tree and cleverly replaced with a Dallas Cowboy helmet, and Logan and I took a fun trip to Georgia. My sweet, selfless husband bought me a plane ticket for Christmas to go see Claire. Aside from the over charge for luggage at the airport, the 3 mile walk to the terminal, and the lady who threw up all over herself one the airplane, it was the best trip ever. It had been 2 years since I saw her last, and we had fun just like it was yesterday. Here are a few pictures from the trip. We stayed up every night talking, and spent all day just hanging out. We made Christmas candy, attempted to work out (Logan wouldn't cooperate), and watched a few movies. I have to tell a little Ella story. I asked her to play with Logan at the gym so I could work out, to which she replied, "OK, I will be his mommy for awhile". Too cute! Anyways, Jason was such a trooper, and never complained that he didn't get enough time with Claire. Logan was in heaven with all the kids, and even participated in 1 hour of nursery for the first time. Claire and her sister have 2 kids and of the 4 kids 3 are boys. He just followed them around everywhere. Anyways I just have to give kudos to my wonderful husband Dustin for giving me the best present ever. It seems every year that he just gives the best thoughtful presents ever, and he has no idea how much this present meant to me. I think we took like 20 pictures before we got 1 that we both approved of! Do you think we look like sisters?? Every time we go somewhere everyone ask if we are!
Logan and Lincoln had a wonderful time in the bath, but Ella just hung out in the corner because Logan likes to splash. She didn't think it was a fun bath at all!!
We took the kids for a walk at Claire's parents' house and they had a blast playing in the leaves. I didn't get a very cute one of all the kids, but I thought this picture of Ella was just too cute. She had this permi-grin on her face the whole time.
Logan wouldn't sit in the leaves, but he sure had fun throwing them around and running through them like a sprinkler.
What a trooper!!! We had family home evening with the Allreds, and Jason let Claire decorate his face after they did the gingerbread house. Then she licked it off!! I didn't post that picture because it was X rated....LOL

Anyways so this is what's been going on, and now I'm off to work on my new furniture project!! Merry Christmas, because I'm confident this will be my last post until then!

7 comments:

Mimi said...

How sweet of Dustin to send you off to have a good time with your best friend. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Little things like that make you fall in love with your husband all over again, huh? He's a keeper!
Logan is so cute with the little ones. It makes your visit so much more enjoyable when the kids are having fun too.
Merry Christmas again! come if you can!

Julia said...

I'm SO SO glad you got to go visit Claire!! I know you two are so close and I have no doubt it was SO great to spend time together! You two do look like sisters. I'm so glad you had a great time!

Teryn said...

YAY!! How cool that you got to go and see Claire! Isn't her house BEAUTIFUL!!??!
haha.. I love that Claire and Jason created an "x-rated" photo op for Family Home Evening.. hahaha.. how funny!
Looks like you two got caught up on a lot of lost time! That's so great, I'm so happy for you!!

Kim said...

What a fun surprise! That was sweet of Dustin! Looks like tons of fun :)

The Allred Family said...

ughhhhhhhh my comment just got erased. how annoying. ok, that pic of me licking j was not that bad! PRUDE! A lady threw up on herself!?!? ew!!!! We had so much fun. PLs tell dustin i said thnx...it was a present for me too! :) Oh...and you became your pet peve. You never emailed me the pics you said you would!!! :)

Amy said...

How fun!!! Logan looks like he had a wonderful time. That was so sweet of Dus to send you off like that! I'm glad that you go to visit your friend!

Jason and Ashlee said...

Way to go Dustin!! That had to be one of the best surprises. It looks like you had so much fun and the kids just loved hanging out. You and Clair really do look like sisters. If I don't say it now I might forget -- Have a very Merry Christmas. I hope you both get to do whatever you want to do. Take care and be safe