Saturday, April 11, 2009

Almost like Christmas morning

I am so excited for tomorrow, not because it's Easter Sunday, but because Dustin is coming home. He's been in Argentina for 10 whole days, and even though I'm glad he got to go and spend time with friends and members he knew from his mission, I can't wait to see him again.

This week I worked, which I've not done in 2 years, for a dental office. I worked for Dustin at his office while he was gone, and I realized that it really isn't for me. I don't like assisting at all anymore, and I really didn't like being away from Logan. It made me realize how much I appreciate a husband who wants me at home with the kids. When I would get home every night I would be totally exhausted. My feet hurt, my back ached, and then I had to start my mommy duties. I realize how hard it must be for all those single moms out there. Kudos!!!

Well I guess when he gets back and I get more details, I'll share some pictures from the trip. That's what's been going on in our little corner of the world!!

4 comments:

Teryn said...

Thanks for the update :) That's cool that Dustin got to go back to Argentina!! I hope he had fun! Can't wait to see all the pictures :)

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

I know what you mean. On the days that i work and then come home...I get a lot of understanding for working moms who are full-time moms. YEAH! Dustin is home! I bet he had so much fun! You were so nice to work for him. How was Log for your mom???

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

that was claire....ugh.i hate that!

Mimi said...

I am waiting for the post-mission photos, etc. I was happy for the guys to go together and re-live those special 2 years of their lives and give them a shot in the arm so to speak. All have wonderful wives that support them.

I'm with you about working and having to come home tired and still take care of the children. Just think about the many women that have to drop the baby off at the sitter early in the morning and get home just in time to feed and put to bed. There's no time to be with them and enjoy all their little milestones. So sad.

Yes indeed, you are blessed to be able to stay home. And blessed to have a good husband like Dustin.