Weight control has been a life long battle for me. As a child I spent many days crying in the dressing rooms of clothing stores because the clothes just didn't fit. I remember my mom and I shopping in the JC Penny catalog as an alternative because they had a pretty plus line for young children. There were times I would literally squeeze into my older sisters clothes because I wanted to wear them even though she was quite a few sizes smaller than me. As a result, I would come home from school with thick red lines across my belly from the pants digging in all day. My parents did everything they could from bribes for pounds, helping me set goals, buying me whatever clothes I wanted with no success. I just wasn't motivated to stick to anything. At age 10 I think I decided it was time to make a change. I was unhappy, and very sick of being teased from other kids. Yes kids did tease me! Kids are cruel. I put myself on a very strict diet, but being a kids I wasn't very sure how to go about dieting. I just counted fat grams in everything that I ate. If it had more than a certain number I just wouldn't eat it. I ate healthy for the most part, but if I did indulge my self I stuck to Snack Well snacks. I did slim up after about a year.
So the big question is: Why am I sharing all those intimate details about my childhood weight struggle? Well after I had Logan I didn't magically slim back down. So my mom and dad being as supportive and loving as they are again wanted me to feel happy with myself. They helped me join Weight Watchers. This program is a total winner if you can afford the weekly meetings, and the time to go to them. I did it for about a month and lost about 10 pounds, but then shortly after just slacked off because I couldn't go to the meetings anymore. I kept the weight off, but just didn't seem to loose anymore. I got to thinking about what really made me loose weight with this program, and then it hit me that it wasn't really the dieting, but the weekly meetings where I had to weigh in and answer to my weekly eating habits. This is where my blog comes in.
To pick up the weight loss routine and obtain my "ideal" weight I've made my own plan. I'm going to post my weight weekly. (the purpose of the numbers in the title) This will not only help me keep track of my progress, but also give me motivation to continue weekly workouts and healthy eating. The complete humiliation of sharing this and not following through won't hurt either. If anyone wants to join me that would be great, the more the merrier. (if you don't feel comfortable posting your weight maybe just post the pounds lost) I realize that we all have different ideal weights, and that my starting weight may just be someone else's ideal weight, or that my idea weight my in turn be someone else's starting weight. We are all built in different shapes and sizes, so I'm going to make sure that while working on this goal, that I also make an effort not to compare myself to someone else.
If you want to join me please feel free to post your progress in the comment section, or if you just have comments post there too!! So that's the end until next week!!
7 comments:
good luck! I think it's a great thing to do for your blog. I'll weigh myself when I get home.. MAYBE I'll post it.. not sure I can!!
You are so brave! You have a lot of people watching and waiting...I guess that's the point. I think it's a great idea to do something like this to keep you motivated. You can do it. And, by the way, your weight is totally my ideal weight! :)
that was claire
You are such an inspiration. I would love to do this with you, but sadly these days my weight keeps going up - whether I want it to or not. However, I will be here to cheer you on and be the support you need. I'll be checking in :)
What a great idea! I am thinking about joining you...I'll let you know soon!!!! Good luck with your goal.
What a great idea! I enjoyed your sweet post. I truly feel that going through those difficult times helps us be better, compassionate people. You are beautiful and I love your hair dark and longer. Good Luck! I'll keep track of it, but I will not be posting my weight. Perhaps pounds lost...we'll see. Thanks for the motivation!!!
Way to go, Alicia!
Post a Comment