Monday, August 31, 2009

Dumpster Diving 101

OK so here they have the "rubbish" room where you put your trash down this chute and it goes into a big room down stairs. Well some people just put their "trash" in the room to be thrown away, but the thing is a lot of it isn't garbage at all. It's what I would call garage sale quality. Anyways so Dustin and I have thoroughly enjoyed dumpster diving. So far I have found a complete set of salad and cereal bowls, a chair for Logan's desk, a box to use as a trash can, and 2 nice bouncy balls for Logan to play with. The other day we rode the elevator up and down the levels to each rubbish room and I ran in while Dustin held it to see if there was anything interesting to get. We've really enjoyed it, and plus it's free entertainment.

3 comments:

The Allred Family said...

Oh my gosh....that sounds like a treasure trove. Seriously. Totally my kind of hobby. I wish i had a dumpster that great!

Mimi said...

Cute post! One man's junk is another man's treasure! How fun to find things free and worthy.

Amy said...

How great is that!!!! And what fun too! I miss y'all.....I wish y'all would come see us for the holidays....I an and Julia will be here for Thanksgiving.....just a thought!