Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In the mind of a child.......



So today we went to Home Depot for some stuff and while we were walking around the store Logan found a piece of cardboard box that was about a 1 1/2 ft long and about 3 in wide. To preface the story, while my mom and I were hunting cactus for months we went to Home Depot A LOT and Logan really got sick of it. To Logan this was just another boring trip to Home Depot that he had to come on. Anyways he finds this piece of cardboard and he's carrying it around the store hitting things and dragging it behind him. He's bored so he lagging behind me, but I know he's there because I can here his little feet dragging the floor. All the sudden I hear (in a deep serious voice) "murrrrrrrrr murrrrrrr" and I turn around and Logan has this piece of cardboard up to his nose, moving his head up and down, and pretending he is an elephant. It may be one of those stories that you have to be there to laugh, but I cracked up for like 5 mins. I couldn't believe 1st that he remembered from Baby Einstein what noise an elephant made, but 2nd and most of all I can't believe he used such imagination. Anyways that's my funny story of the day!!!

Here is one more story! Dustin has been working really hard with Logan to teach him how to pray. So every night when I put him to bed he folds his arms and we pray, and I'd say about 3 out of 5 times he'll repeat the pray after me. Well for the past 3 nights this is how the prayer has gone.

Mom: Dear Heavenly Father
Logan: Dear Heavenly Father

Mom: Thank you for our family
Logan: Tank you family

Mom: Thank you for church
Logan: Tank you church

Mom: Thank you for nursery
Logan: Tank you nursrey....Rexdale

Rexdale is Logan's little friend in nursery, and he talks about him often. I think it's so cute that he prays for him every night. I had to blog these two little stories, because I think at this point age 2 has been my favorite. His personality really shines in everything that he does and says. I just love it, and of course I just love him!!!

6 comments:

Marc and Kim Wheeler said...

I love that face! So cute. Alivia has prayed for her friend in nursery also. It's so adorable. She loves Nursery!!! I really wishwe lived close to you guys. I think Logan and Alivia would love playing with each other!!!

just another day said...

Fun stories! I LOVED the elephant story. I love their little imaginations too. Precious. Love the prayer. Link repeats most everything I say when we do prayer together and then adds in things he's thankful for like chips, chocolate milk, candy, etc. So funny. Ella thanked Heavenly Father for magic yesterday.:)

Liz said...

So sweet! I love the elephant story. And prayers with kids are the best!

Emily said...

Your hair looks great!

Aren't kids' prayers the sweetest? So cute how Logan was thinking about his friend. This little boy we used to babysit would clasp his hands and say "Dear Lord, this was the best day ever! Thank you for Emily and Jason coming over to play." Melted my heart every time! Must be even sweeter when it's your own. ;)

Amy said...

How adorable! And he is getting so big...I wish y'all could come visit us...I'd love to see y'all!

Jason and Ashlee said...

Logan is such a cutie. I love the stories and the pictures from all your fun vacations. Are you guys getting ready to move?