
Ok so I know my title is cheesy, but I think you get the point. On the way to Kentucky we stopped in Memphis,Tennessee, and I have to say I was anything but impressed. It was kind of a dirty city with lots of panhandlers and scary people. The picture above is of the famous Peabody ducks. Everyday at 11am they ride the elevator from the roof and walk down(actually it's more of a sprint) a red carpet to the lobby fountain where they spend their whole day. At 5pm they jump out of the water and head back up the elevator to spend the night on the roof. It's a pretty big production they have been doing at this hotel since 1930ish. This was the highlight of our stay in Memphis.

This was Logan's fascination while we waited for the ducks. He loves to push things around. Notice his left eye. He decided to dive off the steps at the hotel, and I didn't catch him in time! OOPS!

Beale Street, Memphis' famous downtown area. It was kind of neat because there were live bands playing on the street, but like I said it was just dirty and there were a lot of panhandlers.

Logan crashed in the car! I had to take this picture because of his chubby little legs!

This was our hotel room in Louisville. It was a very posh hotel, and normally we could have never afforded to stay there, but we got the rooms half price. Our room came with a fabulous view of the Ohio River and downtown area. The cool thing about Louisville is right across the river is Indiana, so we spent some of our trip there because it was so close to where we were staying.
2 comments:
That looks like it would be a great room for photography! :) Love those leg rolls.
fun fun...I am sad Memphis was so lame. We are going there soon. Oh well. We'll just get some R&R.
Post a Comment