Monday, November 10, 2008

Dustin's Big Catch



On Saturday morning a few weeks ago Dustin woke up and went to buy a lot of minnows. He said he was going to catch the big fish that got away a few weeks before. I went fishing with him while my parents watched Logan. We were there for like 10 minutes and he did catch the big fish, and all I caught was a shoe full of mud. When he said it was big I ran and got the net and waited for him to get it close enough for me to scoop up. The outside of the pond is surrounded by brush so I was reaching as far as I could when I slipped and stepped right into the mud. Dustin was struggling because as he was reeling in the fish his reel broke, and so both of us were pulling the fish in with the fishing line. He was so excited that I wasn't even annoyed that I got all muddy. All in all it was a great trip although the only bites I got were from misquotes. Dustin caught like 6 fish, but I think even if he just caught this one he would have still been completely happy.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Oh wow! Cool! Funny story..you wrote it really well.

Mimi said...

What a catch! Good that you don't mind getting dirty and can enjoy this hobby together. You should frame it for his office someday.

Jason and Ashlee said...

Nice FISH Dustin!! Way to get back to the lake and get the fish that got away. Logan looks so adorable in his costume, even in the crying pictures.