Sunday, November 2, 2008
Stinky Skunk
Well the rabid skunk is gone!!! Woohoo I guess! Yesterday we were at the Cullen Baker Fair in Bloomburg all day and when we got home I decided to lay down and take a nap while Logan was asleep because I stayed up extra late on Friday night to finish my book. Anyways while I was laying down I just started to drift to sleep when I hear a loud pop, pop, pop right outside my window. Dustin comes running in bringing the putrid smell with him and says "your dad got the skunk" I was very happy because I thought it had rabbis, but boy did it stink. My dad said he thought it had the mange for sure. The smell brought back all to vivid memories. When we moved to Texas in 04 we lived just down the road from my parents and one night we let Friday out to the bathroom and then back in. All the sudden we smelt this horrific smell and I started going around the house trying to figure out what it was. I was sniffing pot plants, shoes, you name it I sniffed it before we realized it was the dog. He got sprayed by a dang skunk. By the time we realized it was too late, the house was infested with the putrid smell. I don't know if anyone has smelt a skunk right after it sprays, but it's not the smell you get when you pass it on the road. It's much more awful and very potent. The smell literally makes you gag and takes your breath away. What a serious defense mechanism. Anyways the house smelt for days and the dog smelt for months every time he got wet for a bath! Dustin and I were both going to college and the next day at school all our classmates were telling us how badly we smelt. How embarrassing!! Anyways this time was no different. The house smelt so bad because the smell just infested the house and the yard. We really considered staying home from church because of the smell. It still smells 24 hours later outside. Definitely not as bad as it smelt the time the dog brought in the smell, but still awful. I've just about got the smell gone and the skunk is buried, so hopefully none of his nasty friends decide to come visit. We WILL be prepared! So there you have it our wonderful skunk story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So glad yall got the skunk! Funny story! I have heard that bathing in tomato juice gets rid of the skunk smell. Ever heard that before?
yes, and tomato juice doesn't work at all. We even used something specially made for dogs to get rid of the smell and it didn't work. I think the only thing that works is time!
haha! What funny stories! That's what you get living out in the country in TEXAS :) But I'm sure you already know that :) What did Logan think of the nasty smell? Claira's at the age where she's not afraid to say, "Mom, yuck! that smells YUCKY!" haha. Glad the skunk is finally gone and hopefully that snake in Logan's room is long gone too :)
funny!!!!! Yeah, skunks are so putrid. Disgusting and their scent is so intense. I am glad you got it!
Ha I remember the time a skunk sprayed the side of the house outside. Apparently one of our dogs scared him. On the other side of that outside wall was my closet and I kept smelling the skunk for days after the smell outside was gone. I was so worried that my clothes were ruined for sure. Now that you've said you smelled of skunk I bet I did too but people didn't tell me. Oh goodness, the memories!
Gosh that's so nasty. Glad the smell is gone now. I really hope none of his friends show up!
Yuck...that's not a fun thing to live through or smell. I'm glad it is gone though, and hopefully his friends don't come around. Good luck getting the rest of the smell gone. If I had any fast remedies I would let you know, but I don't ;)
Wow, what a story!! I am glad it is over! I bet Logan did not like it!
Post a Comment