Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lately.....

Logan has been cracking me up lately. Here's why....

To wash Logan's hair we have to rinse with a cup because we don't have a sprayer. He really doesn't like this part of the bath, but it has to be done. The other day when I was washing his hair he started batting the cup away and looked up at me with a furrowed brow and said "STOP". I couldn't help but start cracking up.

Today Logan was eating, and like always Friday is at his feet whining. It's not a small whine, it's constant and very annoying. Most days I say "Friday, stop whining, or go to bed. I've been trying really hard to not show frustration with the dog, because I don't want Logan to mimic that behavior. Today showed me I was too late. When he started whining Logan looked up and said "Day(that's what he calls Friday), Stop, NoNo". He get the most serious look on his face, but of course it's funny because he's covered in food.

At the beginning of the week Logan decided it was time to feed himself yogurt. He did a great job, none on the floor or his chair. He did however have huge clumps on his bib and face. It was soo cute though because he concentrated so hard and ate the whole container without any help. He dips his spoon and then wipes it across his mouth. He's not learned how to shovel it in straight. Also I'm proud to say that he's finally weaned from a bottle. He's been bottle sober for 3 days. I worry that he's going to get dehydrated because he's only drinking half the fluid he did when he was on the bottle, but I'm sure it's normal to start drinking less at his age. I figure he'll ask for a drink when he's ready.

Logan doesn't know sign language per say, but he does have his own sign language. When he's thirsty he smacks his lips and tongue. When he wants something he points and goes "uhuh", and when he wants to be picked up he raises both arms and does the grabby hands thing. Most of the days are spent running to me going "mama" and grabbing my finger pulling me to a place he wants to show me something. He's also learned to say shoes "shu", which means he wants to put his shoes on because that means he gets to go somewhere.

Logan has become so affectionate, and needless to say I LOVE IT! He gives me kisses and hugs randomly throughout the day. When he's tired or just woke up he will lay on my shoulder and wrap his arms around my neck and you can feel his little arms as tense as possible just holding on. Also when I'm holding him and he doesn't want to get down he will wrap his legs and arms around me and hold on like a little money and laugh as I'm trying to put him down and he's trying desperately to just be held.

One of the newest and funniest things he does is sit on the couch or in a chair. He doesn't want to be in a lap or be touched. He will just sit on the couch fold his arms look around the room and just be calm and behaved like a big kid.

Last, but not least he's learned to feed mom. Yesterday I fixed this steamed veggie dinner and took it to the couch to sit down. Of course he was sitting on the other side of the bowl next to me. He reached down and forked a carrot and was contemplating taking a bite, but he just doesn't like any veggie that isn't baby food yet. So he decided that I should eat it and gave me the bite. That was all she wrote, and he wouldn't let me feed myself the rest of my lunch. He fed me every single bite until I was full.

Anyways I know this behavior is probably common for most kids, but I just wanted to write it down so I didn't forget. I just love my little man and all the hard minutes of frustration and anxiety are made up for with his sweet little personality.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

It's so good that you are posting all these little things...by the time they get your age, you'll remember maybe half. Babies are cute and keep love in the home...that's one of the reason I love having such a large family. Everyone enjoys the babies.

Julia said...

These types of posts are the reason that I blog. You'll be so glad you wrote all this down. Cute, cute stories. Especially about Friday...yes they learn the word 'no' VERY fast!

The Allred Family said...

i remember I worried when my kids stopped drinking bottle shtat they weren't getting enough fluids either. You've got to remember though that A lot of food have fluids in them.