Monday, January 26, 2009

Been keeping busy......

Well we started another project, and I'm impressed with my talented husband. My parents had some old barn wood from my great great grandparents, so we decided to start building picture frames. That's what Dustin is doing in this picture. It was so cute because that day I went to the glass door and watched him, of course he didn't hear me because he had headphones on, anyways he was singing his lungs out. I don't know why, but moments like that just make me realize how much I love him. It was so cute. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the finished product and let ya see it. Now I'm on to my next project of restoring an old chair. It's going to be the most challenging yet because I'm going to attempt to reupholster it.




I snapped this picture on the way home from Cleburne (we were visiting the Farmers). I just thought it was so cute that he was cuddling his blanket, sucking a binky, and hugging his football. It was the perfect ending to a great weekend, and the only picture I managed to get.



As you can see Logan was going to town on that sucker. He of course had to have one right before bed because he saw his cousins chowing down. He loves suckers and they are truly a treat because I hate the mess. You can just see the excitement in his face because he got to have one too.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Logan is such a doll...he has the cutest smile and love the hair. Yall have fun taking a go and making new things. Sounds fun to me! Too bad you didn't have a video camera. I would have liked to hear the singing. :)

Teryn said...

yay for restoring old furniture and making new picture frames! I can't wait to see the final product! Logan smiles just like you! how cute!

Julia said...

I know I can't believe we didn't take more pictures that weekend. Bummer. Can't wait to see pics of how the picture frames turned out. The pics of Logan are soo cute, as always.

The Allred Family said...

ugh....good luck on the reupholstering front. YUCK! I have done it one or two times to really easy stuff. You can do it though! I would KILL to get my hands on some barnwood. AWESOME!!!!! We got our hands on some railroad ties this week and I am pretty stoked.

Mimi said...

You are lucky to have a husband that is so motivated and talented. Love the furniture and the frames! Logan is so cute with that tootsie pop!